Friday, July 24, 2009

Sex In A Dish

Over the last four or five months I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten "cheat" food: 3. Once after a tough workout I went out for a couple pitas with my training partner. I went out for wings on my buddy's birthday, and wings again on my birthday back in may. Besides those three mishaps, my diet has been composed of 100% organic, whole foods: Free ranging meats, wild seafood, fresh raw fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, and some sprouted raw grains like buckwheat, quinoa and occasionally brown rice. While these foods have always made up the bulk of my diet, over the past few months I have gotten dramatically stricter with what I put into my body - that means cutting out the one or two times I'd go out to eat during the week before. 

Anyway, there came a time when I began to miss some of the "treat" foods that I had occasionally indulged in previously. So I began to come up with ways to re-create these treat foods, albeit in healthier ways. I've made everything from wings and nachos to cookies and ice cream, along with a number of other desserts. These recipes are made entirely from organic whole foods and truly taste way better than any of the versions made with chemical laden processed garbage. 

I am having a ton of fun re-creating all these different dishes, and I'm even toying with the idea of writing a cookbook to put them all in one place and share them with the masses. I figured I'd give you guys a sneak peek at one recipe you might find in the cookbook:



Chocolate-Coconut-Raspberry Pie (aka. Sex in a Dish):

These measurements are all very approximate, I personally don't measure anything anymore because I've gotten a feel for how much of each ingredient to put in. 

Crust:
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
4 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
2 Cups Shredded Coconut
3 Tbsp Raw Agave 
Vanilla and Celtic Sea Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until they have formed a "batter." Spread evenly over pie dish. 

Filling:
1 "bowl" of fresh raspberries 
1 "bowl" of raw macadamia nuts
1 Tbsp Raw Cacao
1/2 Tbsp Raw Agave
Celtic Sea Salt to taste

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Scoop out evenly overtop pie crust. Top with shredded coconut if desired. 

Freeze overnight or eat right away, it doesn't matter at all. Personally I like it frozen. Just don't cook it! 

A simple, easy dessert free of chemicals and processed crap. Just 6 ingredients that pack a huge nutritional punch. I wouldn't suggest eating it every day, but for those times when you just need dessert, go ahead and indulge guilt free with some "sex in a dish." 


1 comment:

  1. Just tried this after training friday night- it actually tastes great

    ReplyDelete